source - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrosanno/3717243982/ ———————————————
On the 22nd September, 2011, the meeting was held 09 00 in the Bilik Persidangan. Xinwen, Zhe Fan and Peng Hui attended the meeting on behalf of the Brunei Darussalam Go Association.
17 clubs, association and committee related had attended the conference. The objective was to discuss regarding the improvement of Pusat Belia. The discussion as followed:-
– Many have agreed only minor change of wall-paint while retaining the default colour ” Maroon” which has been the trademark of Pusat Belia. One has suggested a replacement of big wall-size poster.
– Some have also concerned the availability of carpark.
– Advertisement is suggested by someone hoping to promote activities from Pusat Belia. Further suggestion would be inviting Advertising company to set up a small office in Pusat Belia.
– Wifi access is proposed throughout the premises of Pusat Belia to allow tourists to have more convenient.
– Cafeteria has been proposed or canteen related.
– Membership subscription has also been proposed.
– For more entertainment value, ASTRO has been discussed to put up somewhat able to play a big TV-screen at carpark area such as watching Soccer Match.
– Improvement to Jamming Studio with soundproof, however it is too expensive.
– Rainwater and sewerage management is raise out.
– Certain services such as ventilation, toilet, oping to improve.
– Others have also think about doing Facebook, Blog or Twitter for Pusat Belia were a good idea.
– Lastly, swimming pool can be used for tutorial class.
With the above discussed and more, the meeting had proceed to voicing out from each clubs and Associations attended.
1)KATAHIJAU (Humanitarian Relief Support Group)
2) SEINENMARU (Event Management Services)
3) PERSATUAN BELIA PERCAYA
4) PERSATUAN CARE (Challenge Adventure Recreation Educate)
5) PERSATUAN BARA (Brunei Adventure Recreation Association)
6) PERSATUAN BERSATU (Beka sPeserta Rancangan Kapal Belia Asia Tenggara)
7) PERSATUAN PERBEKAL
8 ) PERSATUAN FOTOGRAFI NBD
9) PERSATUAN BASMIDA (Membasmi Dadah)
10) MAJLIS AIDS BRUNEI DARUSSASLAM
11) BADAN SUKARELAWAN BELIA KEBANGSAAN (SBK)
12) BRUNEI DARUSSALAM GO ASSOCIATION
13) PERSATUAN BELIA BERWAWASAN KG SG BUNGA
14) URBAN TOUCHES ENTERTAINMENT
15) PERSATUAN KIKIK
16) PERSATUAN PEMKAR (Kereta dan Perahu Alat Kawalan Radio)
17) BRUNEI ART FORUM
Until Brunei Darussalam Go Association’s turn, Xinwen had:-
– Introduced the game of GO
– Brief history of Go in Brunei
– Objective of such purpose
– Current Plan
– Future Plan
The meeting was adjourned at about 11 45, some had approached Xinwen for numbers and asking how the game is played.
*First General Meeting*
The first meeting of Brunei Darussalam Go Association was held in Pusat Belia at 15 00 on the 21st August, 2011 in the Meeting Room.
With call to order 15 30 commenced:-
Chairman:: CHIN Sin Voon
Assistant:: Jayden SIA
Participants:- SUNG Hui Yee, LIM Chai Hui, Zidah, HAM Si Xiang, Jin Fuh, Tom, SIA Kao Xiang, TAN Peng Hui.
[15 40] Committee members were based on the registered members in the Association. Election for council will be done next meeting while
HAM Si Xiang has been elected as Treasurer,
Sung Hui Yee has became Public Relation,
LIM Chai Hui has agreed to be Secretary General.
The rest of the positions were agreed to postponed to the next meeting.
Logo Submission was set deadline on the 1st October, 2011 for assessment.
[15 50] CHMS Alumni Association is no longer treated as training ground.
New meeting ground in September at Pusat Belia.
Registration of office, hope to check for requirement and to be used as storage for filings.
Pusat Belia requires us to set up Workshop in the month of September for demonstration in between of date 14th to 16th. Require a Project Manager.
[16 00] Tuition class for Go will be discussed again during the next Meeting.
Requiring Voluntarily Project Manager to organise demonstration to other colleges, schools, university.
Discussion of Point-System, good idea but not easy to implement, required further discussion during the next meeting.
Financial Planning, has agreed to collect BND2.00 from each registered members of Association starting in September by Si Xiang.
Multimedia Group, yet to recruit. Official website is planning to set up next year 2012. Requiring a degree holder in Networking, Database and etc.
[16 15] Publisher Group, yet to recruit. While the project is to come up with the first Beginner Go Book in Malay Context.
Future project for such group, would be Monthly Newsletter or Journal.
International Matters: just certain updates of what to expect and be done.
[16 25] Project 1 + 2, Proposing the Annual tournament to be held in December in Pusat Belia but further discussion required in next meeting.
Reviewing Si Xiang’s 1st task
– forecast and estimate
– club funds
– upcoming workshop
– collection to be started in September for membership
– funds required for the annual tournament.
Reviewing Chai Hui’s 1st task
– Xinwen will pass all the files and documents
– Keeping all the files in the office proposed
– Keeping track of the books
Reviewing Hui Yee’s 1st task
– Keep contacts of all members, affiliated association with their emails and addresses.
– All in soft and hard copies.
[16 30] meeting adjourned.