The first season Maktab Sains Go Class started in January with 20 upper sixth students.
Classes commence every Thursday conducted by instructor from Brunei Darussalam Go Association. However the last class ended on the 5th April with simple ceremony giving all students a certificate of completion.
I am very contented that 2017 began a stepping step towards a bigger vision in 2018! After the Annual General Meeting during the early year of 2017, Brunei Darussalam Go Association has decided to set the goals for this few years to “promotion & recruitment”.
*New Year Game*
Regardless, there are many notable achievement we did throughout the year 2017.
1) Two Go Classes Currently other than Hokkien Association, Brunei Darussalam Go Association is thankful towards World Vision Tuition School to partner with us in promoting Go.
2) Schools Due to the positive impact from Hokkien Association & World Vision Tuition School, we have finally invaded in Maktab Sains PSBS and also International School Brunei as our moon land! The two schools are considered one of the best in Brunei – we are certainly delighted to teach the students Go.
3) Resolution for 2018 Trying to slow things down but making Association firmer by recruiting potential committee members & Go Instructors.
Currently Brunei Darussalam Go Association is already packed with agendas:
1) 11th January : Maktab Sains CCA open day
2) 16th January : International School Brunei Go Club first day
3) 25th January : Maktab Sains Go Club first day
4) 2nd – 9th May : World Amateur Go Championship
6) TBA June: Brunei 9×9 National Go Tournament
7) 23rd – 28th June: Thailand U-Go Tournament
8) TBA June : China Nanning & City Weiqi League
9) TBA July : Korea Kuksu Mountain Under15 Tournament
10) TBA December: 4th South East Asia Go Championship, Indonesia
*His Excellency Japan Ambassador Mr. Motohiko Kato
On Thursday 9 November, H.E. Mr Motohiko Kato, Ambassador of Japan, received a courtesy call from Mr Chin Sin Voon, Vice President of the Brunei Darussalam Go Association, and Mr Sia Kao Xiang, a member of the association, before they headed to Tokyo to participate in the Nihon Ki-in Go Camp for ASEAN.
The Embassy of Japan in Brunei Darussalam is pleased to inform that the Nihon Ki-in are hosting the Nihon Ki-in Go Camp for ASEAN in Tokyo between 14 and 21 November 2017 with the support of the Japan Foundation Asia Center.
The Nihon Ki-in invited twenty active Go instructors in total from the following associations in ASEAN: Brunei Darussalam Go Association, Go Association of Thailand, Singapore Weiqi Association, Malaysia Weiqi Association, Vietnam Go Association, Federasi Igo Indonesia and Philippine Go Association. The camp aims to develop potential leaders across ASEAN’s Go community and build up strong connections among ASEAN’s Go communities and Japan’s Go communities. The Nihon ki-in also encourages schools in ASEAN countries to put Go into their curriculums and education systems.
*First Day: Visit to Aoyama Gakuin University (青山學院大學)*